Forward to the Future: Kreston looks ahead towards upcoming business trends at the 46th World Conference
Kreston’s 46th World Conference had taken place on 7 – 12th November in Cambodia with 106 delegates and 34 companions from 60 countries attending the event.
Bent Kofoed (Kreston Chairman) and Jon Lisby (Kreston CEO) welcomed all to the start of the AGM and business sessions.
The keynote this year was internationally recognised business strategist Graeme Codrington, who specialises in the future of work. Over two highly thought-provoking and entertaining sessions, Graeme presented on topics that will have a major impact on our future success.
His ‘Future-focused leaders’ explored how smart leaders need to keep ahead of change by building and then adapting a future-focused skill set. In ‘Making the most of your Millennials’, Graeme gave a fascinating insight into the young workforce of today and how technology is the ‘norm’ for them in all aspects of everyday life. He also elaborated on how one can maximise the opportunities Millennials can deliver and the benefits leading to success once they are fully integrated into the business environment.
Other speakers at the Conference:
- Mike Whitten from accounting software provider Inflo who gave an insight into how technology is transforming the accounting profession.
- Ben Bush from The Frameworks, updated all on their work to date concerning Kreston’s Knowing you brand strategy.
- Director of Quality and Professional Standards, Andrew Collier provided an update on the network’s current strategy.
Part of the programme was devoted to member presentations including those given by Board Directors Rich Howard from MHM, Sunil Goyal from Kreston SGCO and Clive Stevens and Andrew Griggs form Kreston Reeves who updated all on the developments in their firms and their respective countries.
Apart from business side, the conference also had a cultural side to it:
- a grand tour of famous Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, and Ta Prohm Temple;
- an exciting and competitive team building event around the streets of Siem Reap;
- a visit by boat to Tonle Sap Lake and the floating villages;
- an unforgettable final exclusive dinner within the temples of Angkor, a unique experience.
The 47th Kreston International Conference, “Winning the Revolution” will take place in New Orleans 17th – 21st October 2018.
This post is also available in: Russian